Design a four (4) page professional résumé website using Wix, Weebly, or WordPress. You will need to research, write, edit, and work with the layout of the website, including graphics and photography. You will need to write the content, and edit your writing. Any photographs or graphics you use that were not created by you should be released to you with written permission from the copyright holder.
Remember to use discretion in your choice of graphics. Be sure to give credit where credit is due. Your website should have at least four (4) pages: a Home page; Resume page; Portfolio page; and a Contact page. You will need to update it and add new content as it is created in this course.
Key Elements Required
Home Page (Serves as an About)
This project affords the student the following opportunities:
(1) to consider how design conveys meaning;
(2) to employ design principles as tools of persuasion and navigation;
(3) to select appropriate typefaces, fonts, styles, images, and image processes for use;
(4) to demonstrate an appropriate utilization of space;
(5) to create effective image and text combinations;
(6) to create a grid that: a) can be employed repeatedly; b) enables the designer to provide visual continuity from page to page; and: c) allows for design flexibility;
(7) to represent (by means of visual design) issues or ideas;
(8) to explore and expand technical and aesthetic abilities;
(9) to produce representative materials for presentation; and:
(10) to practice meeting deadlines.
You will be evaluated according to:
(1) selection/use of type and image;
(2) use of a grid;
(3) use of design elements;
(4) overall creative ability;
(5) effectiveness in attracting and maintaining attention;
(6) readability and legibility of both text and images.
(7) required items
Note: You could also lose points for poor design skills, for typographic, spelling, grammar, and/or spacing errors, for not following instructions, and particularly, for not meeting deadlines.
TOTAL: 100 points
Once you’re satisfied with your website layout and design, post your website URL through the Assignments tab on TRACS. If you use any graphics or photographs, other than what you create, you must submit a copyright release with your project.